Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Sunday, 19 July 2015

Brown Hawk Owl, アオバズク

Halfway July, when the big festival is over I get ready for the day these owls leave their nest. Only on the very first days we can see them all together. We can watch them interact, study their surroundings with their heads turning 180 degrees, try their wings and have a go at the cicadas. Their curiosity and joy fills me with energy. Much needed now that the days are so hot and muggy!


Mum (left) and her 3 chicks




Below the handsome male parent, watching the scene from the side. Very alert today.



What is Mum doing? Ruffling her feathers like a 'ragebol'



Stretching her wings.







No comments:

Post a Comment