Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Saturday 9 November 2013

Japanese Robbin, コマドリ

Twice a year, in autumn and spring we get the chance to see Japanese Robins in and around the Botanical Gardens of Fukuoka. In November they leave from here on their journey south and stay only one or two days.  During the summer they stay in the mountains here in Kyushu, but I have never seen any there and I haven’t heard of many such sightings. It’s hard enough to spot them in the relatively small and open park. They hide in the darkest bushes, come out briefly to pick up some insect and disappear again. However, at the right time in the darkest corner this is what we get:

Japanese Robbin,  コマドリ 



  adult male





hiding in the bush another female


3 were spotted by J and me and we heard about one more, so 4 Robins in all: That was a pretty good day.

Other birds seen that same day:  Pale Thrush,  シロハラ



Japanese Pygmy Woodpecker,  コゲラ (as usual)

  


Brambling,  アトリー feeding on Maple seeds,  モミジ







The previous day on the way to school this young flycatcher jumped right in front of me as if he expected me to feed him...



Another bird that acted like a fledgeling today:  Varied Tit,  ヤマガラ


No comments:

Post a Comment