Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Monday, 7 October 2013

Brown Shrike Lanius cristatus lucionensis, シマアカモズ

Apparently a rare sight in this area.
Seen from far, so very few details in these photos.

A collage seemed a good way to illustrate this uncommon visitor

Brown Shrike Lanius cristatus lucionensis, シマアカモズ



Other birds seen that same day in the Imazu, Taremaro area:
Eurasian Curlew,  ダイシャクシギ





Pectoral Sandpiper, アメリカウズラシギ







Black-winged Stilt,  セイタカシギ (never miss a chance to capture those)







And isn't this a Little Stint, ヨーロッパトウネン?  No, it’s a Long-toed Stint,  ヒバリシギ






All on the first Sunday of October.

No comments:

Post a Comment