Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Common Pheasant in Dazaifu

In spring pheasants come out of hiding to look for mates. Their acts of display are quite impressive and a popular subject for photographers. This male had lost his tail in a fight. Too bad for him, but it suited me as the entire bird fitted in the frame this way.

Common Pheasant, キジ











On the same day, on the same location a female Shrike was posing in the Wisteria. I still have to find a way to capture the flowers in a pleasing way, but for the moment the bird added a nice touch.

Bull-headed Shrike, モズ

 Wisteria, 




A male in another tree nearby.




No comments:

Post a Comment