Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Sunday 5 May 2013

Siberian Rubythroat


I arrived an hour early for the monthly meeting of the Wild Bird Society in Imazu (Yes, I got the time wrong. It’s from June that we start at 8:00am) and decided to drive around a bit, hoping as usual for something spectacular to come up. Then, when it did I was totally unprepared. A Siberian Rubythroat sat perched on a branch right in front of me. It waited patiently till I had stopped the car, opened the window and taken out the camera and it even allowed me these few shots, before it disappeared into the darkness of the bushes.

Siberian Rubythroat,  ノゴマ






Other birds seen that day included these Dunlins and Black-winged Stilts. Actually, the list was quite long, with lots of different shorebirds, mostly migrators that stop briefly on the mudflats before continuing north to their breeding grounds.

Dunlin,  ハマ




 




Black-winged Stilt,  セイタカシ













No comments:

Post a Comment