Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Friday 19 January 2024

Winter weekend in the mountains

 I hoped to find some more snow birds, but the snow was either dirty or just gone by the time I got there. On a sunny day it felt like spring.


My usual encounter: Eurasian Nuthatch, ゴジュウカラ



In my favorite up-side-down pose



Deer were calling. A male came very close. If only there weren't that many branches 😁😁😁



None of the birds came down to feed on the ground; all stayed high up in the trees. 
Coal Tit, ヒガラ






My neck hurts!

Frosty edges in the morning





Back to Fukuoka via the Mikuma River. There was a nice variety of ducks. Below Gadwalls, オカヨシガモ blending in with the wintery water colors



A dash visit of a Crested Kingfisher, ヤマセミ



Brown Dipper, カワガラス seemingly looking for nesting materials



Does this statue remind you of something? 



A short stop to see there were no storks in the regular pond. I watched the 10+ Spoonbills for a while.
Black-faced Spoonbills, クロツラヘラサギ


What happened there?



Eurasian Spoonbills, ヘラサギ




Spring is coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment