Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 22 September 2022

White-shouldered Starling, カラムクドリ and Chestnut-cheeked Starling, コムクドリ 

A big flock of White-cheeked Starlings, クドリ (the common ones in Kyushu) is presently flying around Muromi River. Among them is a White-shouldered Starling, カラムクドリ. I saw just one. Their preference for high trees made it hard to detect, but I was lucky and with a little help from another birder I managed a few shots.










Besides that a flock of Chestnut-cheeked Starlings, コムクドリ is flying around the same area. These birds move very fast and are not easy to keep track of. They like to fly! I managed again a few shots before they disappeared in the foliage of tall trees.






















Higambaba, Red Spider Lilies. Characteristic Autumn flower in Japan, growing along the edges of yellow green rice fields. I love this time of the year!




No comments:

Post a Comment