Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Saturday 23 October 2021

Bewick's Swan family with Greater White-fronted Goose, コハクチョウ, マガン

They had arrived in Imazu on the 20th, but left the river too early for me to see them. I found them 2 days later in a field to the west.


A group of 2 adult swans and 1 very young one, that would be a family, right?



And with them one goose.... the nanny?





A young swan is called a cygnet. Would he or she still qualify?



Cygnet, 幼鳥 with pink bill


Or blue?



Grey feathers that have a silverish shine



The parents seem to get along very well. 



The whole 4some seemed very much at ease with each other. I don't often see such a peaceful group of birds. Certainly not a mixed group. 



Even the crows were tolerated (Large-billed Crow, ハシブトガラス)



The female (Pen) is a bit smaller than the male (Cob)
With this couple their bills are slightly different and their eyes are different as well





Greater White-fronted Goose, マガン keeping the lot together







No comments:

Post a Comment