Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory. Readers who have my site translated automatically, please refer to the original if necessary. Especially when it comes to identification. Any comments, anonymous or by email name are always welcome!.

Thursday 18 June 2020

Kuju in June

We went back to this area in the hope to spot a Fairy Pitta (or 2). ヤイロチョウ. When I heard the first call I hiked up in that direction, leaving the trail, but no luck. The forest was as beautiful as it gets in the early morning light with the False Helleborine in full bloom. When the calls stopped I wandered around, marveling at flowers and tree formations, forgetting my own worries for a while in this fairy-tale forest.




False Helloborine, バイケイソウ





Roots hugging rocks. Why did this tree decide to grow here? 
Were there once so many trees that it had no choice? 


Whatever the reason, it survived! It feels like a promise that we can survive as well.



Near the river another Pitta called briefly. But all I got to see were the 6 or 7 Wrens, ミソサザエ





A pair of Blue-and White Flycatchers オオルリwere chasing each other and stopped for a split second



Same with a pair of White-backed Woodpeckers, オオアカゲラ Lots of noise, but too many leaves



Again interesting root patterns. If you ever wondered what it looked like below the surface?



Slow shutter speed and fast flying bugs





It:s so nice to have followers who help me out with the names.
The moth is Abraxas miranda miranda, ユウマダラエダシャク
The flower on the left is フタリシズカ, Serrate-leaf Chloranthus. I like the Japanese name, futarishizuka. Thank you, Mr. T




Moving on towards Choojabaru. A Raccoon dog (Tanuki) タヌキ crossing the road



Common Cuckoo, カッコウ calling loud right above my head



Quick shot of my favorite bunting: Chestnut-eared Bunting, ホオアカ...



...and flowers: Silver Dragons, ギンリョウソウ  (Monotropastrum humile)



Maizuruso, マイズルソウ (False Lily of the Valley)  and Shiroitoso, シロイトソウ (Japanese White String flower,)



Chigoyuri, チゴユリ (Also called Japanese Fairy Bells???)



Over population...


...or invasion?



Last some of the Japanese Shika deer シカ that visit the farm fields while most people still sleep





No comments:

Post a Comment