Aisatsu

Aisatsu

This blog is for family and friends, to share my feelings and photos with and for myself, to support my fading memory and improve my Japanese. I intend to do some writing in kanji, but am not getting very far without a Japanese computer. So for the moment I say "konnichi wa". Aisatsu dake - just saying hello.

Tuesday, 18 March 2014

北海道 Hokkaido, birds in the snow

Our yearly skiing trip to Hokkaido was in March this year. There was a lot of snow on the mountains at Rusutsu, but spring was in the air and unlike last year, when we went in January, quite a few small birds were seen visiting the pine trees and birches. Birding and skiing is not a safe combination (hence a strained wrist) and photo's were taken only around the buildings of the ski resort.


Eurasian Nuthatch S. e. asiatica,  シロハラゴジュウカラ









Coal Tit,  ヒガラ





Goldcrest,  キクイタダキ





scenery near Rusutsu


Do I really want to spend a whole winter here?


No comments:

Post a Comment